Kamis, 13 Desember 2012
Bregedel Tempe (Tempe Fritters)
• 150 g tempe
• 2 tablespoons fried shallots
• 3 kafﬁr lime leaves
• 1 tablespoon ﬂour
• 1 egg
• 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
• 3 large chilies, seeds removed
• 3 small chilies
• 2 red shallots
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1/2 teaspoon chopped galangal
• 1 candle nut
• 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon shrimp paste
1. Mash the tempe with a fork or place in the bowl
of a food processor and blend until it resembles
coarse bread crumbs.
2. Grind the spices in a mortar and pestle or place in
the bowl of a food processor and blend to a smooth
3. Put the mashed tempe in a bowl and mix with the
spice paste, fried shallots and lime leaves. Stir in the
ﬂour, followed by the egg.
4. Shape the tempe into fritters the size of a golf ball
and ﬂatten a little with a fork.
5. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok over a medium ﬂame.
When the oil is hot, drop the fritters into the oil, ﬁve
or six at a time.
6. Fry until golden brown on both sides, drain on absorbent
paper and serve hot with rice.
Taken from The Jakarta Post, May 2, 2004